For the Complexities of Employment Law, You Need an Experienced Lawyer
When you have an employment law concern, don't trust your case to just anyone. At Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch, P.C., employment law is all we do. For more than 40 years we have helped employers and employees solve their employment law matters. We serve clients from the Washington, D.C., area, as well as from across the nation and around the world. We serve all people, including transgender people. For an appointment, call our D.C. office at 202-331-9260 or contact our law firm online.
Our Washington, D.C., employment law attorneys are highly skilled and respected. A number of our lawyers have received an AV-Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available, and have been rated Super Lawyers in the area of Employment Law based on their attainment of a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. We represent:
- Employers with matters such as counseling, litigation, investigations, employee manuals and training sessions.
- Employees who are confronted by discrimination, retaliation, a hostile work environment/harassment, discipline, removal/termination, failure to accommodate, prohibited personnel practices, security clearance issues, suitability determinations, severance agreements, employment contracts, and non-compete clauses.
Because we focus our practice exclusively on employment law, we know the best strategies to deal with your employment concern. We understand the administrative procedures and the court system. Most importantly, we never forget how important your employment concern is to you.
A Leading Federal Security Clearance Law Firm
A large portion of our practice revolves around the highly complex and technical issues related to obtaining and maintaining security clearances for federal employees, contractors and military members.
From our D.C. office, we serve applicants for all types of federal positions, helping them navigate the process. We are available to help at any stage, from filling out the Personnel Security Questionnaire to appealing clearance denials.
Experienced, Aggressive Employment Discrimination Attorneys Representing Clients Nationwide
Federal and state laws protect employees from discriminatory practices in the workplace. If you have been discriminated against, we can help you with:
- EEOC Representation - race, ethnicity, national origin and religion cases
- Sex discrimination and sexual harassment
- Sexual orientation discrimination
- Hostile work environment
- Disability and reasonable accommodations cases
- Equal pay and wage claims
- Genetic information and privacy
- Veterans protections, such as VEOA, USERRA
- Whistleblower disclosures and retaliation
Talk to us as soon as possible, because filing deadlines for discrimination charges are very strict.
We Can Handle All Your Employment Issues
In addition to discrimination, we resolve employment issues ranging from whistleblower complaints to reductions in force. We can help you with retaliation and wrongful termination, privacy concerns and disciplinary actions. We are a proven, reliable law firm that is equipped to handle any and every employment law matter.
Let's Talk About How We Can Help You
To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled D.C. employment lawyers, call us at 202-331-9260 or send us an e-mail today. We look forward to speaking with you.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.