E-mail MeGeorge M. Chuzi
GEORGE CHUZI has been named one of Washington, D.C.’s “Super Lawyers”, and one of the District’s “Top Lawyers”, in the Employment area in both 2011 and 2012. He has also been granted Martindale Hubble’s coveted “AV” rating, its highest rating, for the past 20 years. He has been a partner at the firm since 1983.
Mr. Chuzi is a member of the District of Columbia bar. In addition, Mr. Chuzi is admitted to practice before multiple courts including: the U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. District Court, District of Columbia; U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia; U.S. Court of Federal Claims; U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Mr. Chuzi practices before the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, and the Federal Labor Relations Authority, as well as in the Federal Courts.
Mr. Chuzi received his education at Queens College of the City University of New York (B.A., 1966) and he graduated cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1980.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Appeals
- Constitutional Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- District of Columbia, 1980
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. cum laude - 1980
- Law Review: American Criminal Law Review, Member, Editorial Board, 1979 - 1980
- Queens College of the City University of New York, Flushing, New York
- B.A. - 1966
- Sexual Harassment: Federal Law, (Co-Author), Dewey Publication, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The District of Columbia Bar, Member
- American Criminal Law Review, Member, Executive Board, 1983 - 1990
- Federally Employed Women Legal and Education Fund, Inc., General Counsel, 1986 - 1990
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Young Lawyers Section, Chair, EEO Committee, 1983 - 1987
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Young Lawyers Section, Chair, Pro Bono Prisoner Committee, 1985 - 1987
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Young Lawyers Section, Member, Executive Council, 1985 - 1987
- American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law, Member