E-mail MeMarc Pasekoff
Marc Pasekoff joined KCNF in October 2016. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia (B.A. 1988) and the University of Florida College of Law (J.D. 1991).
Marc's practice focuses on the representation of federal and private sector employees before EEOC, MSPB and federal/state agencies involving various claims and appeals of discrimination and proposed disciplinary actions. His experience also includes litigation regarding Title VII, Rehabilitation Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, FMLA, FLSA and whistleblower claims.
In addition, Marc has obtained favorable results for private-sector employees in areas including discrimination and retaliation, wrongful termination, violations of wage and hour laws, covenants not to compete, material diminution in executive authority/duties, constructive discharge and qui tam/whistleblower matters, securing relief that includes monetary settlements, reinstatement of benefits and reimbursement of attorney's fees.
During the past 20 years, Marc has counseled individuals and business entities in all phases of contested matters. Over this time, he has integrated practical solutions into his hands-on style to make the litigation process more efficient. In addition to his lengthy trial experience, Marc understands that a negotiated resolution may be a more effective outcome. Consequently, he uses common sense, combined with effort and legal knowledge, to build a consensus in reaching a solution, or to aggressively shape litigation with strategies that maximize client results.
Marc's cases have been featured in The Washington Post, Virginia Lawyer's Weekly and Mealy's Mold Litigation Report.
Recent representative cases include:
- Litigated and settled multi-party proceeding concerning breach of fiduciary duty, trade secret violations, RICO, civil conspiracy and breach of contract claims.
- Secured reversal of Final Agency Decision and defeated Agency assertion of laches, claim untimeliness and failure to state a claim in Office of Federal Operations appeal.
- Combined analysis of Agency's internal regulations with presentation of medical evidence and witness statements to rescind Notice of Proposed Removal.
- Drafted Petition for Review, resulting in MSPB Remand Order, in protected disclosure and retaliation case.
- Successful defense, based on lack of Due Process, harmful error and factual inaccuracies, against Notice of Proposed Adverse Action concerning senior federal employee facing five specifications and job demotion from GS-15 position.
- Obtained substantial settlement in ADA case against national brokerage house.
- Negotiated release from non-competition/non-solicitation provisions of employment agreement, as well as sizeable monetary and stock settlement, for individual pursuing wrongful termination and Virginia wage payment violation.
- Awarded summary judgment in U.S. District Court (Maryland) dismissing breach of contract, unjust enrichment and fraud claims subsequent to opposing party's loss of federal contract bid (Eagle Technical Resources, Inc., et al. v. CGI Federal Inc., et al, 2011 U.S. Distr. LEXIS 17956).
- Settled contentious dispute between family principals of multiple, related limited liability corporations, including issues concerning non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, allegations of misappropriation of corporate assets and tax fraud.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Maryland, 1992
- Florida, 1992
- District of Columbia, 1993
- Virginia, 2008
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1991
- Law Review: Florida Law Review, Member, 1989 - 1991
- University of Virginia
- B.A. - 1988
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Psychology
- Co-Author, A Comprehensive Review of 1997-98 U.S. Supreme Court Cases and Important Legislation Affecting State and Local Government, The Urban Lawyer, 1998
Honors and Awards
- The Florida Law Review
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- The National Employment Lawyers Association
- The Metropolitan Employment Lawyers Association
- The Maryland State Bar Association