E-mail MeNina Ren
Nina Ren joined KCNF in May 2014. She received her education at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A. in History and Philosophy) and Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D.).
Before joining KCNF, Nina was an Associate at Gebhardt & Associates, where she worked on employment discrimination cases for federal and private sector employees. She focused on race, national origin, sex, disability, and age discrimination claims. Previously, Nina was a research fellow at the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, in Bethesda, Maryland. She published articles in the Journal of Arthritis and Rheumatism and in the Journal of Immunology.
Nina attended Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, where she developed a keen interest in public interest and civil rights law. She worked as a student attorney in the Black Lung Clinic in her third year, where she argued a case to an Administrative Law Judge to obtain federal benefits for a retired coal miner who had developed coal worker's pneumoconiosis ("black lung disease") from his work in West Virginia's coal mines. She was a board member of the W&L Women Law Students Organization and the W&L Public Interest Law Students Association.
Nina speaks fluent Mandarin.
Year Joined Firm
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Board Member, W&L Women Law Students Organization
- Honors: W&L Public Interest Law Students Association
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- B.A. cum laude - 2009
- Major: History and Philosophy
- Journal of Arthritis and Rheumatism and in the Journal of Immunology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- The Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Co-Chair of the Membership Committee
- The American Bar Association - Labor and Employment Law Committee
- The Washington Metropolitan Employment Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Gebhardt & Associates, Associate
- Mandarin Chinese