Help for Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits employers from discriminating against employees and applicants on the basis of their race, color, gender, religion, national origin, or in reprisal for participating in prior EEO activity. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits age discrimination, the Rehabilitation Act and Americans with Disabilities Act prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of genetic information.
Despite the laws prohibiting discrimination, it still occurs. That is when you need an experienced employment attorney on your side. Call Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch, P.C., at our Washington, D.C. office at 202.331.9260 for an appointment today.
Claims of discrimination are usually based on a tangible employment action, such as hiring, firing, suspension, performance rating or non-promotion. In order to prove a case:
- "Direct" evidence of discrimination is not necessary — most employees rely on circumstantial evidence of discrimination
- Employees may compare themselves to others who are "similarly situated" (such as being in the same job category under the same supervisor), but who have been treated more favorably
Washington D.C. Employee Discrimination Attorney
Employees may be subjected to numerous types of discrimination by employers or co-workers and face matters such as:
- Race, Color, Ethnicity and National Origin Discrimination
- Sex Discrimination and Harassment
- Hostile Work Environment
- Disability Discrimination and Failure to Accommodate
- Religious Discrimination
- Equal Pay/Compensation Discrimination
- Genetic Information Discrimination
- Discrimination based on Past, Present or Future Military Service
If you have suffered discrimination at work, contact one of our lawyers today.
Important Filing Deadlines
There are important deadlines associated with filing employment complaints. Meeting all required deadlines is imperative for a successful claim. We are here to ensure that your legal matter is handled in a timely and professional manner.
Our Experience Can Work for You
We have helped employees for more than 40 years. Call 202.331.9260 or send us an e-mail today.